The FP&A Manager is responsible for managing the forecast, budget, and analysis of operating results for the business unit. Additionally, the individual will participate in the strategic planning and direction of the business unit.
- Provide valuable and timely performance analysis and reporting to business unit and Corporate Senior Management. Ensure key business performance risks, issues, and opportunities are highlighted to management.
- Provide meaningful budgets, forecasts and business models, integrated with core business processes and strategy.
- Forecasts and monitors budgets against financial goals.
- Develop financial modeling to support business expansion opportunities and other work as needed by Commercial team.
- Support the BU President and Global VP Sales by researching questions and communicating with them on a regular basis.
- Analyze financial information and prepare ad hoc reports as needed to assist management in decision making processes.
- Participate in providing financial assistance and analysis for M&A as needed.
- Extensive data mining from company databases to develop insights that, in turn, drive better decisions and improve profitability.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing guidance, leadership, and support to the BU President, Global SVP Sales, VP Finance, and global finance teams on all revenue matters, issues and outcomes, regarding the financial expectations & performance of the business while effectively communicating underlying causes.
- Leading and managing all aspects of global revenue development (budgeting, forecasting, strategic plan) and leading reporting for Sterigenics which includes:
- variance analysis
- weekly sales updates
- monthly reviews by geography and technology
- Slide deck generation
- Mix analysis and reporting development
- Say-do tracking and forecasting
- Management of all components and calculations of annual SIP plan
- Primary financial point of contact for Commercial team in all requested work
- Close coordination with Contract and Pricing team on all revenue related topics and impacts
- Management and administration of significant portions of profit cube (as agreed to with other internal parties)
- Ad hoc projects as requested
- Candidates should have their BS or BA in Economics, Accounting or Finance.MBA or work towards a master’s degree a strong plus.
- 7+ years of progressive financial experience, preferably in complex manufacturing, and/or consulting, supporting an international (multi-site) enterprise.
- Deep understanding of complex finance and accounting issues, high level of preparedness to analyze, discuss and support thesis/analysis with senior level management.
- Strong Financial Statement Analysis/Accounting/Financial Modeling skills required.
- High technical proficiency with exceptional Excel skills, particularly in developing operating models, transaction models, and budgeting reporting templates.
Characteristics & Expectations
- A team player, cooperative, unselfish, thinks corporately, not departmentally, who can work easily and synergistically with other functional departments.
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate details, into concise and understandable facts, numbers, and actionable items.
- High level of intelligence manifested in rationality, common sense, deep conceptual thinking ability, critical and analytical thinking ability.
- Expertise in self-checking own work and that of others to build confidence with senior management in all aspects of reporting and discussions.
- All significant drivers and assumptions built into own work are clearly laid out for upper management to review.
- Driven to develop self in adjacent areas of finance which, in turn, will help build a more complete and robust work product.
- Must be a change agent, initiate action, overcome obstacles, make progress and drive a process or project from start to finish alone or within a team to achieve acceptable results. Works with aggressiveness, tenacity, persistence, and intelligent forcefulness.
- Uncompromising integrity, moral values, and ethics. Honest, truthful, straight forward.
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, operating styles manifested in executive presence and communication, image, thoroughness, completeness, accuracy, polish, appropriateness, integrity, effectiveness. Performs at high standards.