Job ID R-301230
Job Description Summary
The FP&A Manager – US Region reports to the Senior Finance Manager for the US Region and has a strong linkage to the US Sales management, Global Platforms as well as the WW FP&A Team in the Finance office. The FP&A Manager will work closely with the VP of Sales for the US Region to provide the necessary financial and business partnership in driving and achieving the financial targets of the company.
The BD Biosciences (BDB) is the global leader in flow cytometry instrument and reagent markets headquartered in San Jose, CA. BDB is a matrix organization with global platforms based on the product types (Research, Clinical) and regionalreporting structure with US being the biggest region. Out of the $1.1 billion in annual revenue for BDB, 40% is generated by the US Region across both Research and Clinical platforms.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Being an active and integral member of the US Sales team, which includes attending regular team meetings, providing advice and support to the US Sales and platform teams, being involved in the decision making process, contributing to the strategy development of the US Region, providing financial management and analysis and establishing yourself as a business partner to the US Sales VP;
- Partnering with the US Region leadership and interacting with the platform teams to develop budgets, quarterly projections and the Annual Strategic Review for the US Region;
- Understanding and providing analysis of the operating results (sales, gross profit and OPEX) for the US Region and present operating results at team meetings;
- Participating in the S&OP process as the US Region finance representative; attending demand consensus and supply review meetings to ensure alignment between demand, supply and financial projections;
- Working closely with the WW FP&A team to ensure reporting requirements for the US Region are met in a timely manner;
- Assisting in the month-end closing and financialreporting process;
- Developing management and analytical reports as needed;
- Providing financial and business support to platform initiatives such as acquisitions, divestitures, business alliances, special projects and other additional duties as needed.
- Minimum of 3 to 6years of relevant work experience in financial analysis and reporting required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MBA/CPA strongly preferred
- Candidate must be highly proficient working with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with other Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse Hyperion and BPC desirable.
- Candidate should be well organized and possess good analytical and communication skills. Analytical skills should include a strong understanding of valuation metrics such as IRR, MIRR, net present value, terminal value, payback period, etc.
- Experience with a multi-national and matrix organization.
- Must demonstrate desire and potential to advance to roles within the Finance organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment.
- Successful candidate will have a track record of increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal external, and remote locations.
- Candidate must be willing to occasionally travel both domestically and internationally; the estimated travel commitment is up to 20%.