WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE FP&A ROLE AND OUR TEAM
Our FP&A team is the critical eyes and ears to the financial progress of our company. This is the team that pulls together our numbers and analyzes our business in partnership with our executive teams. We are seeking a new FP&A Analyst to join our effort adding another set of strong analytic and business skills to our team.
- Build and maintain comprehensive advertising revenue business models, and long-range overall strategic model
- Design and produce management reports, business performance dashboards, and key metric tracking tools across XO Group, Inc.
- Create monthly, quarterly, annual budgets/forecasts (revenue and operating expense) with relevant business teams
- Complete actual results vs. budget/forecast / prior year variance analysis including written business performance commentary
- Collaboratively work with the business team(s) to accurately summarize and present results to Senior Management
- Serve as the conduit bridging sales team performance to income statement results; responsible for updating and vetting the weekly Sales / Revenue forecast
- Ad hoc projects to model and summarize current and projected financial performance for potential business arrangements (partnerships, M&A, licensing, etc.)
- Contribute to FP&A team’s pursuit of excellence in systems and processes; partner with the Business Intelligence team as necessary to automate reporting functionality; optimize the FP&A team’s use budgeting/forecasting software to standardize management reports
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting; entry-level corporate training program a plus
- 5-6 years Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) experience, ideally in a Media or Advertising company
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Google products; strong modeling skills, coupled with an understanding of financial reporting systems, procedures, and controls
- Comfortable with various financial reporting systems to optimize the results of a business
- Capable of building effective internal and external relationships; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and implementation skills
- Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
- Self-starter, shows initiative and curiousity, strong sense of urgency, commitment, and accountability for your work product
- Proactive, high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Of unquestioned ethics and integrity
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.