Less than 5 years
Posted 34 days ago
The Founding Director, Faculty Training Excellence Initiatives oversees the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of faculty-related training and development programs organization-wide, in close collaboration with College leaders. These services include: faculty on-boarding, faculty development, and faculty teaching resources.
We seek an out-of-the box thinker in taking faculty development to the next level. The right candidate is creative, with a commitment to developing out-of-the-box training solutions.
1. Collaborate with College leaders to review and analyze the University’s strategy and objectives to proactively forecast learning and development support needed to accomplish those long term and short term goals. Develop and establish a strategic plan to meet the needs for learning and development services provided to faculty and/or students.
2. Research, assess, and analyze the effectiveness of learning and development opportunities for faculty and/or students based on performance measurement analytics, metrics, ROI calculations, trends and other data. Formulate recommendations for improvement and present research findings and recommendations to senior leadership and other stakeholders as needed.
3. Sponsor multiple projects and initiatives related to learning and development, familiarizing self and others with project scope and objectives, conferring with stakeholders to determine and define project outcomes, critical success, pathways, funding, and feasibility.
4. Provide analysis of business problems at the direction of senior leadership, including data driven decisions making and recommendations for courses of action based on analysis of data, focus groups sessions, or feedback from Subject Matter Experts (SME).
5. Participate and may lead task forces and committees to represent and proactively address learning and development needs associated with broader changes within the University.
6. Partner with internal parties to ensure awareness of the learning and development offerings provided by the department and ensure utilization, relevancy, and satisfaction. Oversee periodic analysis offerings for continuous improvement.
7. Develop annual budget and ensure direct compliance with and the enforcement of expenditure of funds requirements.
8. Implement, communicate, monitor and ensure adherence to university academic policies, standards and practices.
9. Provide guidance and support to campus and college management as academic issues arise. Participate in the identification and resolution of academic operational issues and policy additions or revisions.
10. Provide leadership by creating a shared vision for the department and managing direct reports through activities including but not limited to: hiring, conducting performance evaluations, developing direct reports, and establishing performance goals.
11. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
12. Includes direct supervision of department managers. May also direct supervision of other academic operations personnel.
13. 0% to 10% travel may be required.
• Master’s degree
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a progressively responsible academic capacity in an education environment leading, directing and overseeing faculty development programs and activities organization-wide.
• Proven experience teaching and/or administration at a regionally accredited college or university.
• Doctorate degree is strongly preferred.
• Proven track record of using data to make data-driven, evidence-based decisions.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of conceptual and strategic thinking to establish budgets, goals, processes and activities in conjunction with university standards and guidelines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a diverse, collegial, and consultative team environment.
• Demonstrated high level of analytical and strategic thinking to plan and direct teams of people and designated projects to ensure that all goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Demonstrated high level of problem solving and decision-making abilities to respond to, investigate, and resolve compliance issues in conjunction with University policies and procedures.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to instruct and direct others in their actions related to Academic Operational Standards visits and inspections and respective projects.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present projects to high level management and other external parties, as described above.
• Ability to convey a professional image, as well as effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with the community.
• High level of proficiency in personal software applications dealing with project management such as spreadsheets, budgeting, document management, and related tools.