FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC Formulations, Stine Research Center, Newark, DE is looking for an experienced team leader to lead a team of Scientists and Associates to develop high quality novel formulations, formulation technologies, and programs to meet current and future customer, manufacturing, regulatory and application requirements; Lead the development of formulation concepts; solve technical problems for existing formulations and formulation processes.
- Lead the development of high-quality formulations and processes to support FMC’s innovation pipeline
- Responsible for safety of personnel in the laboratory and process safety implementation in Formulations labs and maintaining a safe work environment. Assure processes are in place to maintain an injury free workplace.
- Prioritize projects and resources to meet business objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and coach personnel and ensure development plans are in place. Establish goals for the technical team and provide performance appraisals.
- Direct activities to improve processes, reduce formulation costs and scout for best practice existing technologies and development tolling partners
- Partner with Biology, Marketing, Regulatory, Engineering and Manufacturing (domestic and international) to ensure proper management of technology, rigorous change control procedures and focused cost reduction activities.
- Conceptualize, develop and assist in the commercialization of new robust agrochemical formulations (WG, WP, SC, EC, SE, CS, ZC, etc) and formulation technologies to support FMC’s innovation pipeline.
- Design experiments, generate data, and produce samples at lab and pilot scale to meet program goals.
- Document technology to transfer it effectively to various customers (such as engineering, operations, contractors, registration, and business teams).
- Solve technical problems for new and existing products and processes (startups, PHA’s, QAR’s, registration information, etc) to meet product manufacture, sales and registration objectives.
- Represent Formulations development in multi-disciplinary project teams including experts from biology, engineering, marketing, regulatory and other project core functions
- Manage multiple projects, prioritizing and resourcing to meet all project objectives.
- Serve as a technical consultant for multiple key technologies, product knowledge, and know-how.
- Keeps up to date with the technological trends in the field of Agrochemical Formulations, and works with FMC legal counselors to guarantee FMC’s freedom to operate and protection of our IP
- Continuously grow professionally and serve as a mentor to others to improve the competitiveness of the overall business
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related science and 10+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related science and 8+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related science and 5+ years relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of direct technical team supervisory experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of core formulation-related technologies (e.g., rheology, particle technology, comminution, disperse-phase, blend technology, interfacial chemistry, industrialuse of surfactants, polymers and solvents).
- Experience in delivering high quality, high volume and on-time results including overcoming technical and organizational hurdles.
- Experience in effectively integrating and managing multiple programs and leading cross-functional and/or cross business teams in accordance with project management principles.
- Experience and skill in thoroughly documenting and organizing all relevant results and related information in detailed reports and regulatory documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage relationships in a project team environment and communicate technical and non-technical information effectively with global internal and external partners.
- Proven track record as a technical expert for the business for key and/or multiple technologies. Generate and implement novel programs that add significant business value.
- Experience in driving and implementing change in a positive manner to make improvements that impact the competency and/or business.
- Experience in developing, coaching, and encouraging leadership in others.
- Experience in adhering to strong safety principles, practices, and resources