Forming, Joining, Lean Metallic Development Engineer 4
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Analyzes, researches, designs and develops materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems. Applies principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes. Develops, analyzes and applies material properties and designallowables, processing methods and quality engineering specifications and standards. Reviews and approves engineering drawings and documents for part conformance and to assist in resolving part failure analysis for fabrication, assembly and in service problems. Applies knowledge of aerospace mechanical/structural component fabrication and assembly processes and technologies to establish research and development strategies and plans. Develops and matures technology. Facilitates technology implementation in production and provides support to the user community.
- Apply advanced joining techniques such as friction stir welding, linear friction welding, laser beam welding, metal to metal adhesive, and other novel joining techniques will be explored by the project initiator (PI) as it relates to aircraft structure.
- Responsible for developing the project, communicating the project to leadership, executing the project, and delivering project objectives on schedule.
- Demonstrate expertise in metallurgy, metal joining techniques, project management, problem solving skills, communication and a good understanding of process certification.
Skills & Experience
- This role requires a US Citizen
- Bachelors Degree
- 8-10 years of experience in each of the following
- Stir Welding
- Linear Friction Welding
- Laser Beam Welding
- Metal to metal adhesive
- Process certification