The Atlanta, Greenville and Tallahassee offices make up the Eastern Region of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Power and Process division. Over the past ten years, the Power and Process has steadily grown from a $500M to $1.7B business and our core values are sharply focused on safety, client satisfaction and excellent project execution. Amec Foster Wheeler is looking for process leaders who want to join a team with a clear vision of the future and a plan for steady long-term growth. We believe our growth is fundamentally the result of our great people who support the business core values and our diversity in successfully servicing the Forest Industry market sector.
This position primarily provides process leadership on forest industry projects but also has a strong influence in the overall development and execution in a project’s full life cycle. In this position, the Lead Process Engineer provides process engineering expertise from conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, construction grade scope and estimates, detailed design, start-up, system optimization, and trouble-shooting.
- Lead the process design on projects or a team of process engineers on larger engineering projects and provide direction and coordination to other disciplines as the process lead.
- Support project proposal efforts by developing a process scope of work and process man-hour estimate in support of the defined Client scope. Develop staffing plan and schedule to support the man-hour estimate and schedule from concept through design and start-up.
- Develop and/or oversee production of engineeringreports, studies, calculations, PFD’s, P&ID’s, GA’s, equipment specifications/data sheets, and review/approval of vendor submittals.
- Assure quality of design documents and process deliverables.
- Manage projects within budget and schedule constraints by interacting with Clients, team members and management to resolve project roadblocks.
- Participate and provide leadership in Client and project team meetings to establish project objectives and coordinate and/or resolve design problems.
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (Professional registration is a plus).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the consulting engineering profession with progressive roles in working in a team environment on design of pulp and paper projects.
- Proven history of leading the Process design effort on Pulp and Paper projects
- Experience in Pulp and Paper Industry is required. Specifically, working knowledge of the various unit operations such as:
- Causticizing and Chemical Recovery
- Chemical Pulping Fiberlines (wood yard, pulp mill, bleach plant etc.)
- Recycle Fiber (OCC, ONP, MW etc.)
- Machines (stock approach, various grades such as tissue, fluff pulp, linerboard etc.)
- Experience in a variety of technical and/or operational assignments in the paper industry is a plus.
- Expertise in manufacturing processes with a demonstrated ability to translate that expertise into cost, quality, and/or capacity improvements is a plus.
- A willingness to travel as needed.