About Corizon Health
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Forensic Psychologist to join our healthcare team at
Lansing Correctional Facility located in Lansing, KS.
- Responsible to provide direct clinical services, consultation services and supervisory services in accordance with the policies and procedures of Corizon Health, the policies and regulations of the institution and Department of Correction, state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of clinical behavioral health services, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
- Responsible for administering, scoring and interpreting basic psychological tests, as well as specific tests that assess recidivistic risks, such as the Static-99R/Static-2002R, VRAG-R, PCL-R, and HCR-20 v3. Responsible for generating reports after a thorough testing and review process. Provision of court testimony as necessary.
- Documentation of all clinical encounters and significant behavioral health information in the Electronic Medical Record in accordance with the policies and procedures of Corizon Health and the policies and regulations of the Department of Correction.
- Participation in the Quality Improvement Processes, including data collection and tracking as needed.
- Provides training in human behavior and / or mental health issues to institutional staff in accordance with institutional training programs as requested and as clinical service allows.
- Participation in staff meetings and in-service training programs as offered by behavioral health departments, Corizon Health, and the Department of Correction.
- Responsible to inform Regional Behavioral Health Director of personal need for additional clinical supervision or overall problems in delivery of clinical services. Responsible to maintain confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with Department of Correction policy.
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other behavioral health staff, Corizon Health administrative and medical personnel, Department of Correction staff, inmates and outside support agencies. Compliance with employee standards of Corizon Health and applicable employee standards of the Department of Correction. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from institution.
- Other services relating to the functioning of the behavioral health department as assigned.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with Department of Correction policy.
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other behavioral health staff, Corizon administrative and medical personnel, Department of Correction staff, inmates and outside support agencies.
Experience & Requirements
- Doctoral degree in Psychology or related field is required.
- Holds a current license as a Psychologist in the state of employment.
- Professional experience, knowledge and skills in psychological evaluation techniques (particularly pertaining to risk assessment).
- Working knowledge of test instruments preferred (MMPI, I.Q., Static-99R/Static-2002R, PCL-R, HCR-20, etc.).
- Previous experience in writing psychological evaluations, preferably forensic in nature, is required.