To be responsible for the profitably of investigating events, systems, devices, and/or failures and providing expert opinions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Surveys losses and loss scenes at residential and commercial buildings
- Conducts investigations to determine and document the scope of damage.
- Investigates and assesses damages due to failures and determines the origin of failure for insurers and litigation support.
- Analyzes and documents the failure analysis and causation of failures.
- Collaborates with Fire Investigators to produce detailed reports outlining the cause and origin of losses and damages.
- Serves as an expert witness in court and/or in depositions.
- Documents and maintains billable hours on a time and expense basis for failure analysis and forensic engineering projects for clients.
- Collaborates with EFI's national team of forensic experts to leverage experiences and assist on projects.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Professional Engineering (PE) license required.
Six (6) years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead.
- Be able lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
Hearing, vision and talking