PRIMARY PURPOSE: To review, approve and author reports consisting of forensic analysis of financial data relating to various aspects of insurance claims including but not limited to Business Income Loss, Extra Expense, Stock/Inventory Loss and Personal Injury Wage Loss.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives claims and reviews provided documentation.
- Analyzes losses and claim estimates.
- Communicates to the insured's or claimants when necessary.
- Prepares written analyses and reports.
- Works with adjusters on status updates.
- Researches professional licensing and business information for new data.
- Presents to Insurance Carriers and adjusters for Forensic Accounting Services
- Prepares analytical data for litigation and serves as an expert witness in court cases.
- Reviews claim evaluations and reports to ensure proper calculations have been completed before submission to carrier.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Associate degree from an accredited college or university preferred. CPA License issued by the state of Michigan required.
Eight (8) years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience in Tax /Audit within the Business/Finance Industry preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to perform financial data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle stress and meet tight deadlines while handling multiple priorities
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies.