San Francisco, CA
Industry: Financial Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 373 days agoby Sinthia Stewart
Foreign Exchange Attorney - Capital Markets
Location near South San Francisco, CA
• Responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to the foreign exchange business including sales & trading, credit, operations and compliance functions.
• Independently develops and renders opinions, consults with, and advises clients on commercial, legal and regulatory matters.
• Develops strong working relationships with senior management of the foreign exchange business, with an understanding of its needs and strategic direction, and assists in developing the overall legal coverage strategy and philosophy of support and decision-making for this business.
• Works closely with senior leaders to evaluate the legal and commercial impact of major decisions where applicable law, regulations, or facts are unclear, controversial or conflicting.
• Provides regulatory, structuring, documentation and transactional support related to foreign exchange and currency products offered to U.S. and non-U.S. persons and entities, whether such products are exempt or non-exempt under Title VII of Dodd-Frank.
• Represents on transactions and advocacy efforts inside and outside the organization.
• Reads, writes, analyzes and interprets complex documents.
• Works independently on matters of significance to the FX business and the swap dealer business.
• Manages outside counsel support and legal expense.
• 5+ years of legal experience with a major law firm, securities regulatory agency or in-house law department.
• 3+ years of representing firms in capital markets and investment banking activities.
• 2+ years of significant experience in representing clients with respect to foreign exchange and derivatives transactions
• Active State Bar membership.
Must be Experience and Knowledgeable of the following laws.
• Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
• Significant knowledge and experience with U.S. and foreign laws, rules and regulations relevant to foreign exchange and derivatives transactions,
• Bankinglaws (the Dodd-Frank Act, the Bank Holding Company Act, the Gramm Leach Bliley Financial Modernization Act, and Sections 23A and B of the Federal Reserve Act)
• Securities, commodities and investment laws (including clearing, margining, disclosure, licensing requirements and conflicts of interests)
• Bankruptcy laws (including netting laws) relevant taxlaws ERISAlaws relating to secured transactions and creditors’ rights and laws related to corporate compliance and governance matters.
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.