Foodservice Design Consultant
5 - 7 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
The Foodservice Design Consultant is responsible for commercial kitchen design, writing specifications, quoting, and estimating. This position reports to the Director of Contract Design and will be responsible to work closely with Sales and Project Management to ensure technical design and fabrication requirements meet our customer’s needs. The position will assist in all levels of the Sales and Project Management cycles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborate on multiple commercial kitchen projects, including all phases of design.
· Create efficient foodservice equipment floor plans and specifications. that meet our customer’s needs.
· Generate documents and drawings from Auto Cad and/or REVIT to submit for construction purposes.
· Prepare price quotes and perform estimating functions.
· Review manufacturer’s quotes and approve shop drawings for accuracy.
· Obtain field measurements as needed.
· Communicate with Health Departments regarding local codes, research local governing body rules/regulations and incorporate into designs.
· Coordinate with architects and engineers, estimators, installers, and appropriate constructiontrades.
· Attend job meetings, design review meetings and client meetings as required.
· Conduct site visits and punch list during installation of project as needed or per customer requirements.
· Organize cut-sheet and owner’s manual packet.
· Project management assistance as needed.
· Associates Degree, Bachelor’s degreepreferred with a minimum 6+ years’ experience in food service design or related experience in the design of food service environments.
· Proficient in (AutoCAD and Revit) 2012 or higher, knowledge of Revit a plus.
· Extensive knowledge in commercial kitchen layout and design.
· Ability to read architectural drawings.
· Strong working knowledge of general construction, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
· CFSP Certified or credits toward certification is preferred.
· Demonstrates knowledge and ability to prepare quotes, point of sale material for presentation, and general knowledge of applications of food service equipment required.
· Demonstrated experience with Auto quotes.
· Ability to communicate effectively with sales professionals, customers, team members and management.
· Must work well in a project team environment, as well as have the capacity to conduct work with minimal supervision and oversight.
· Strong leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated experience on food service specification platforms i.e. Auto Quotes, KCL.
· Bachelor’s degree in design and drafting technology are preferred.