The Food Service Sales Manager is responsible for promoting and selling value added fresh pork and foodservice products to foodservice distributors as well as independent and multi-unit customer accounts in the domestic market. This position will manage foodservice markets and brokers located in WI, MI, OH, IL, IN, West PA, and KY which includes targeting, training, educating, and communicating product features and benefits to the broker organization, distributor community, and large volume operators.
- Direct, sell and promote the company's products to existing distributors and end user customers, multi-unit operators, and targeted prospects.
- Identify potential growth areas for both customers and products and develop plans to successfully capture the business.
- Work with Operations group to manage specifications, develop new products, improve existing products, and manage inventories.
- Maintain a close sense of "cost to produce" for products by working with the Director of Sales and Pricing and manage product inventories according to projected sales needs and market conditions.
- Call prospective customers to explain types of products offered and their benefits to the customer versus the competition; quote prices and persuade customers to buy.
- Stay abreast of the meat protein markets by collecting information via customer contacts, industry contacts, and direction from the VP of Foodservice.
- Manage and plan promotional trade fund spend plans with both operator and distributor accounts.
- Correspond with, manage, train and direct multiple field brokerage sales offices and field sales representatives to include sample utilization and spend.
- Assist with development of sales target forecasts, which includes volumetric, margin, and promotional spending targets.
- Utilize a CRM application which includes management of Customer Master Data, Quarterly Planning, Sales Process and Pipeline Management, Samples, and Customer Price Quotes (CPQ's).
- 70% travel required to conduct end-user sales presentations, interact with distributors and facilitate marketing events such as trade shows and sales meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Ag Econ, Business, Culinary Arts or Meat Science preferred.
- Proven track record with 5+ years' successful sales within the protein industry required.
- "Bigger picture" and strategic thinker with the ability to execute a plan and implement company sales objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret price lists, availability reports, and procedure manuals.
- Basic knowledge of packing plant operations and pork product specifications preferred.
- Excellent listening, negotiating, presentation, and analytics skills preferred.
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
- Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
- Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.