- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Nutrition, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in food service management or hospitality for more than one site operation.
- Experience with contract and event management within a global organization.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, including capital budget justification.
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in volatile country financial markets and managing budgets in multiple local currencies.
- Excellent planning skills including information organization, timeline tracking, and comprehensive communication and collaboration across teams and organizational levels.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Ability to analyze reports, metrics, and trends and evaluate and summarize data. Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent financial, contract management, and purchasing skills.
About the job
The Food Services team is responsible for creating food experiences that promote collaboration, engage, and energize Googlers throughout each day. We manage a variety of vendors to provide great service, delicious food, and innovative experiences.
As the Food Services Manager, you will be responsible for an outstanding operations of all Austin Food programaffiliated venues, experiences, and activities in the region. You will be an integral part of the Americas Regional Food Service team, managing and collaborating in a partnership mode with key vendor partners. You will also be responsible for maximizing the impact of experiences and spaces that enable Google to thrive. In this role, you willmonitor progress against program strategies and objectives, budgets, headcount, and project plans. You willreport progress providing regular program updates to management on impact and issues. To enhance the end user experience and the impact and/or effectiveness of the Food Program, you will build effective relationships, working with Googlers and partners (internal and external) across all levels.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work -- from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Contribute to the development and subsequent roll out of a variety of food programs that include Cafes, mobile programs, and commissaries. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, across the various accounts.
- Support a consistent, efficient, and effective delivery of operational food services in Austin while maintaining the program’s IT Strategy, financial processes, vendor relationships, and cost control/efficiency mechanisms.
- Collaborate in the development, implementation, and ongoing refreshment of the food program’s highstandards of service to the Google community through collaboration with the vendor partner training managers. Implement Food training programs that align with the Food program’s service culture.
- Gather relevant data to identify and evaluate potential risks within the food services operations while implementing process improvement strategies and ongoing compliance with the food program’s quality assurance program.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and share this knowledge and relevant material with all Austin food service operations partners, working towards continuous improvement in all areas of operations.