Manages and governs all dietary services for the facility operation, including operational planning and management of kitchen, service line and dining area staff. Manages food service budget in compliance with facility, corporate and client agency directives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the daily operation of the facility food service operations. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Reviews menus and supervises the handling, preparation, and storage of food, maintenance of equipment, records and sanitation.
- Develops and maintains food services policies and procedures in accordance with professional standards and the guidelines established for the facility by the company.
- Manages the work of other employees by assigning and inspecting the work performed. Supervision includes selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Monitors and maintains company quality assurance and controls in the food production areas.
- Manages food service budget including all food and equipment inventory. Produces various reports on operational efficiencies, staff usage, as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five (5) years of management experience in institutional or correctional food service required. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related area preferred.
- Must have successful work history in an institutional food service environment to include budgeting, inventory and ordering, scheduling, subordinate staff supervision.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the practices and materials used in food service procedures.
- Proficiency with computer systems required.
- Demonstrates effective personnel interactions, communication skills, and problem solving techniques.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be highly detail oriented.