Reserve District Food Service Director
As a Food Service Director in Correctional Services, your primary responsibilities will include the oversight of daily food service operations. Among these responsibilities include establishing and maintaining systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development. You will manage forecasting and accounting to ensure productivity measures are incorporated into the food service operation. The Food Service Director ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met and coordinates and supervises unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control; labor scheduling and staffing; employee training. Conducts period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark government and accrediting agency standards. The ability to establish and maintain effective client relationships is critical to success in this role.
This position's job grade varies and its actual day-to-day activities vary with the size and diversity of the facility, as well as the nature of business need. Generally, in smaller units, the Food Service Director is more directly involved with the unit's manual activities. In a relatively large unit, the Director's duties are more administrative as there is a larger support staff to delegate authority.
It is expected that the Reserve Food Service Director will support new business opportunities, retention and remediation accounts. This role may also assist in filling open site lead roles on an interim and approved basis.
- Performs and/or directs the ordering, receiving, storing and preparing of food and related products. Ensures appropriate equipment maintenance and sanitation standards.
- Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Ensures utilization of approved menus according to ARAMARK standards and contract specifications. If applicable, utilizes computerized menu planning and costing systems. If applicable, supervises a professional dietary staff.
- Observes meal service and evaluates food for taste, temperature, appearance and portion size.
- Plans, supervises and/or directs special events and promotions.
- Institutes and enforces measures to safeguard and properly utilize the capital and liquid assets of ARAMARK and its clients within the realm of the Unit Manager's responsibility.
- Establishes unit operating goals and develops action plans for their attainment.
- Adheres to the budget and accounts for variances.
- Maintains effective client relations, customer satisfaction and a positive public image. Participates in professional and civic activities.
- Administers Human Resources policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure consistent and fair treatment of all employees and promotes good employee relations. Develops and controls employees to meet staffing and succession planning needs to operate effectively. If applicable, supervises and/or directs orientation, on-the-job training, in-service training and continuing education programs.
- Participates with retail sales/ vertical business growth as assigned or directed by District Manager or functional leadership teams.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the District Manager, based on particular needs of the district/territory.
- Ideal candidates will be open to travel within a designated district or territory and possess a bachelor's degree in Institutions Management, Foods and Nutrition or other related fields, plus a minimum of two to five years of relevant experience. The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential for success in this role. The ability to identify defects in the preparation and service of food and implement improved quality control procedures as well as to communicate effectively with clients, client customers and support staff is required. Responsible for responding effectively to changing demands. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required. P&L accountability and/or contract-management service experience is preferred.