Aramark Business Dining is seeking candidates for a Food Service Director in Portland, ME. This is a manager of operations, responsible for developing and executing strategy to meet operating and financial goals. Leads the operations of food service accounts by ensuring areas of responsibility meet objectives and client expectations.
- Leadership: Lead, mentor, engage and develop teams to maximize their contributions, including recruiting, assessing, training, coaching and managing performance. Ensure food services appropriately connects to the Executional Framework. Coach employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how to execute. Reward and recognize employees. Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations.
- Client Relationship: Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationship. Demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark's standard model. Identify client needs and effectively communicate operational progress.
- Financial Performance: Adopt Aramark process and systems. Build revenue and manage budget, including cost controls with regard to food, beverage and labor. Ensure the completion and maintenance of P&L statements. Achieve food and labor targets. Manage resources to ensure quality and cost control within budgetary guidelines.
- Productivity: Implement and maintain Aramark agenda for both labor and food initiatives. Create value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls and profit management. Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals, including food and labor. Direct and oversee operations related to production, distribution and food service.
- Compliance: Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers and employees. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
- Oversee the day to day operations for the retail venues (main cafe, Starbucks and micromarket) and catering.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified food service experience
- Manages financials reporting and P&L tracking.
- Manages marketing, merchandising, cash handling procedures.
- Requires at least 4 years experience and 1-3 years in a management role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Culinary Degree and/or culinary experience preferred.
- Highly preferring candidates with a passion for Health & Wellness with knowlede of healthy menus.
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience preferred.
- Previous management experience working for a national retail food brand preferred.