Food Service and Convenience Store District Operations Manager
$66K - $77K ($60K - $70K base + 10%)
Posted on 01/24/18 by Klaus Kokott
Less than 5 years experience
Retail / Grocery
$66K - $77K
($60K - $70K base + 10%)
Posted on 01/24/18 Klaus Kokott
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this role provides strategic and operational management for convenience store and petroleum locations, as well as food service sites.
- Coaching, training, mentoring and developing current and new District Managers, as well as participation in GM recruiting / hiring efforts.
- Full P&L responsibilities, including the development, implementation and gap analysis of sales, margin, expense and profit targets.
- Maintain strong field presence to ensure implementation of programs and operational execution, differentiating from the competition by excellent execution and identifying product and marketing opportunities.
- Strategic and tactical accountabilities.
- Identification of new business opportunities within the company’s desired strategic growth areas.
- Coordinate the development of marketing plans and manage implementation
- Prior retail district operations management experience, specifically the supervision of General Managers, mentoring of DMs and development / implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Experience in the convenience store / petroleum sector or other similar retail formats with high traffic
- Food service operations experience highly desirable.
- Track record of effective P&L management.
- Prior strategic roles with regards to operations;
- Demonstrable successes in increasing sales, in addition to normal cost control measures.
- Multi-faceted background in petroleum and convenience marketing, category management, HR, sales, etc. highly desirable;
- Business degree
- Great senior management team; strong performers enjoy autonomy;
- excellent work-life balance;
- opportunity to make an impact and play a key role in the company’s success