PointOne Recruiting Solutions is seeking a full-time Food Scientist for our food co-manufacturing client located in the greater “always sunny” Atlanta, Georgia area. Relocation is available! The qualified candidate “ideally” should have 2-5years experience in food sauces OR liquids – beverages or syrups for example. You also should have a BS in Food Science or a related degree and have had customer face experience. If you also have experienceworking withchefs, you have an ACE in your hand!
Our client values above all else: “Treat others like you want to be treated” AND “Make the best product.” The most important character trait required for the next Food Scientist must be someone who values team collaboration and embraces professional workplace diversity. This person must be dynamic in their communication skills and be able to develop and strengthen relationships both internally and with customers.
The R&D team consists of 11 members, including other food scientists and chefs. Tenure ranges from 3years to 18years on this team and the management team consists of two managers.
As a Food Scientist, a typical day or week might include the following:
· Bench work to support the development of new products, product line extensions, duplications, product & process improvements & cost improvements.
· Monitor and analyze scale up, first production & QA practices of the developed product through the commercialization process & identify areas for improvement.
· Identify new suppliers and sources for raw materials.
· Maintain upkeep of the lab, including equipment and stocking of supplies.
· Technical support with internal chefs including customer presentations as needed.
· 10-20% travel
You’re good at:
· Having a positive “glass is half full” attitude
· Ability to have a flexible schedule when required.
· Competent and confident in front of customers
· Self-starter and passionate about continued on the job learning.
· Working knowledge of mathematical concepts and scientific weights and measures. Ability to apply mathematical concepts as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical solutions.
· Working in a laboratory environment.· Read & process written information with a high degree of accuracy.
This job might be for you if:
· Are passionate about Food Science and have had at least 2-5year’s experience in a role as a Food Scientist.
· You enjoy team collaboration and problem solving. Love finding creative solutions, are level headed, like helping others and are cool under pressure.
· You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
· You communicate clearly. Are technically savvy in the world of Food Science.