Position Description :
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Oversees Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan
- Oversees Walmart's fruit ripening program
- Oversees cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature
- Oversees communication on product quality to the distribution center
- Oversees quality, freshness, and food safety of grocery products in a distribution center as they flow from suppliers through distribution centers to stores and clubs
- Prepares distribution center overhead budget
- Provides recommendations to improve the quality of perishable products
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Minimum Qualifications :
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 2 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Additional PreferredQualifications :
- 1 yearexperience in food safety or related field.
- 2 years experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 2 years fruit ripening experience.
- 6 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.