The Membership Applications Manager organizes product and project teams by setting up and leading the implementation and continuous improvement of the membership related portfolio. In support of the member recruitment and retention efforts, this person will also help mature the agile software development practices across departments in close collaboration with the agile processes' teams.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar with minimum 8 years of IT experience
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies such as Salesforce, Fonteva and ERP's.
- Experience with implementing scrum for large scale, complex systems
- Experience using Agile backlog management tool(s), preferably JIRA.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through; interest in and affinity to create new projects and see them through to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analysis and organizational and creativity skills, able to maintain composure in a dynamic environment and promote a sensible and logical approach to issues
Computer Skills Required :
- Knowledge of Fonteva Member products and integration methods.
- Experience with using Agile Backlog Management Tools, Jira experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint/presentation software,
- Manages the Membership related application portfolio
- Is the expert for all member related processes, workflows, integrations and solutions
- Helps business to solidify requirements and works with team members on solutions
- Meets with product owners and operational business managers for selected modules to introduce scrum and program processes and outline expectations, is an advocate for the Agile and Scrum methodology
- Prepare for and facilitate daily scrum meetings, biweekly sprint planning, review, retrospective, backlog grooming meetings, and planning poker sessions for multiple (2-3) technical teams
- Facilitate and prepare for external end-of-sprint demonstrations
- Create, maintain, and organize backlog of features, epics, stories, and tasks in JIRA
- Provide input to release planning using team capacity and skill set information
- Compile, analyze, and present statistics about time estimation accuracy, team velocity, and burn down rate to manage each sprint
- Identify common issues across teams (e.g. communication, UI consistency) and lead the implementation of new solutions
- Communicate team progress and dependencies with other team leads
- Interface with business, test, and user support teams to receive requirements information and forward updates on feature progress
- Stays current with product roadmaps and understands the technology to implement enhancements
- Review and provide feedback on drafted user stories and epics to ensure alignment with general Agile user story standards
- Create graphics and metrics that are used for executive briefings.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Prepares both status and financial summaries of projects. Prepares roadmap for the Membership Portfolio through collaboration with the business partners and Product Owners. .
- Hires, trains, coaches, manages and evaluates performance of 1 or more direct reports.
- Approves direct reports' timesheets and PTO in HRIS.
- Recommends Hires, Trains and coaches support staff for the Fonteva and related systems.