Tracking Code 179060-846Job Description
Plans, directs, and coordinates all aspects of manufacturing processes in accordance with company objectives and operating budgets to satisfy safety, quality, cost, and delivery requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training, and motivation of all personnel.
- Directs the cross functional, customer-focused team in the preparation and implementation of operating plans and strategies consistent with business objectives/plans.
- Develops plans to use the facilities, equipment, and personnel to meet current and future manufacturing requirements including department budgets and guidelines, plant layout and improvements, and capital expenditure programs.
- Evaluates, develops, and implements processes to improve manufacturing performance, structured know-how, and costs.
- Manages the production reporting system for the specified area to ensure accurate information for inventory and manufacturing cost controls.
- Utilizes BOS to develop and execute systems and processes that meet and /or exceed plant goals for safety, quality, cost, production, and material control.
- Directs compliance, for areas of responsibility, with ISO/TS16949, ISO-14001, and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with the customers, corporate support functions (sales, engineering, program management, purchasing) employees, and departments that support the manufacturing process.
- Manages new product launches, continuous improvement projects, and changes in manufacturing methods by evaluating technological developments, investigating feasibility of new equipment and techniques, and providing dependable cost estimates.
- Provides, implements, and administers timely quality assurance and engineering control functions to ensure product reliability and conformance to customer and federal specifications in the most effective and economical manner possible.
- Manages the area with the appropriate communication of goals, performance feedback, correction active, and rewards and recognition to provide optimum employee relations.
- Properly supports or participates in all EH&S activities programs, initiatives, and functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5-7 years in manufacturing supervisory experience
- Must be willing and able to manage/develop teams including salaried, hourly, and technical professionals
- Must possess solid experience supervising large teams of 80+ people
- Ability to work off shifts and weekends, when necessary
- Desire to seek larger scope roles with Tenneco in the future
- Experience being responsible for staff of 200+ team members
- Automotive Experience, including welding and stamping
- Advanced degree, and/or possess a degree in the field of Engineering
- Strategic leadership with ability to predict and maintain results
- Demonstrated use of Lean Principles to solve problems
- Experience developing subordinates and prepare them for promotion or to take on additional diversified responsibilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System Strongly Preferred
- Experience with the use of SAP
- Knowledge of ISO and TS Quality Management Systems