Arm Treasure Data is changing the data management landscape: we provide an industry leading, cloud-based Big Data Analytics platform on which our many customers are processing an astounding amount of data every day. Some of the core components of our stack in the client side are Fluentd and Fluent Bit: open source log processors widely deployed in thousands of production environments.
We are looking for an accomplished Software Engineer that is passionate about Open Source with a good development background in Linux, specifically with the Ruby and Clanguages. In this position you will tackle on a number of different and stimulating development challengesassociated with performance, monitoring, data processing, and connectors for the Fluentd and Fluent Bit projects.
Things you will do
- Design and implement continuous integration suites for security and performance
- Improve and extend monitoring capabilities.
- Develop performance optimizations for both projects in Embedded Linux and Cloud Native environments.
- Extend the plugins ecosystem: inputs, filters, and outputs. Interact, work closely with, and coordinate the open-source development community.
- Improve the code base.
Your background and skills will include
- An open Source development background.
- A solid understanding of computer science principles (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer.
- Excellent Ruby and C programming experience.
- Demonstrated ability working collaboratively in cross-functional teams and a strong track record for delivery as part of a team.
- Strong Linux/UNIX systems programming background which should include experience with operating systems, multithreading, distributed computing, and related challenges.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language abilities.
- You engender a sense of mentoring and knowledge sharing amongst your team, hence creating a synergistic learning environment.
- Able to work with a distributed team, with developers in disparate time zones.
- Self motivation and sensitive about on-time delivery.
We would be thrilled if you
- Are knowledgeable of Fluentd, Fluent Bit, Logstash or other open-source log processors.
- Are familiar with security best practices.
- Own or are actively contributing to any open-source project.
- Are familiar with MessagePack, Embulk, and/or Digdag.
- Are familiar with Kubernetes and Docker.