Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
With 209 million active accounts in more than 200 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal is one of the world’s fastest growing global ecommerce companies. PayPal has distinguished itself as the faster, safer safely send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using credit cards, bank accounts, money stored in their PayPal accounts, or promotional financing.
The Senior Director of First Line of Defense Center of Excellence will lead the delivery of a business strategy for global Internal Controls risk testing and monitoring processes. This role will identify innovative solutions, locate efficiency opportunities and define metrics for risk testing and monitoring functions. The Senior Director, FLOD COE Testing and Monitoring will balance internal and external critical stakeholders and revenue owners while ensuring operational efficiency & a frictionless customer experience. This position will lead a global team of employees distributed across the world and will report directly to the First Line of Defense Internal Controls Center of Excellence Leader.
- Deliver an industry standard internal controls risk testing and monitoring allowing for successful achievement of the organization’s short- and long-term strategic, financial and operational goals.
- Provide strategic oversight of global risk testing and monitoring processes across multiple functions, business units and regions within the PayPal organization.
- Provide expertise to business leaders and design controls to address strategic, operational, financial and regulatory risks.
- Improving and automating QA and QC of the control environment
- Collaborates with global leaders on ideas for improvement, implementing strategy and plans, adjusting processes and providing leadership guidance to the team
- Establish & communicate clear goals, objectives, and performance standards across all levels within and across the business units
- Actively support and promote a culture of progress and ensure day-to-day quality & risk mitigation is maintained through periods of strategic change
- Create an inclusive and trusting work environment and culture where everyone is motivated to perform at their highest level while bringing the best of themselves to work
- Perform a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Demonstrated executive leadership experience with ability to lead, inspire and motivate a global team to achieve world-class performance
- Ability to quickly adapt to rapidly changing environments while serving as a steady point of continuity for their team
- Agility in leading and navigating the global regulatory environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship management skills in a challenging fast paced environment
- Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution, influencing and decision-making skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to gain trust, achieve business objectives and work directly with a broad group of managers throughout the company.
- Strong problem solving skills and superb attention to detail.
- Demonstrate high energy/creativity and entrepreneurial skills.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in enterprise/operational/ internal controls roles within large, global, multi-lingual and high growth organizations.
- 10+ years management experience.
- Extensive experience leading global compliance, financialrisk and operations programs and teams at scale.
- Ecommerce, banking industry, Internet Company, financial institution or transaction processor experiencepreferred.
- Compliance and Auditexperience for large financial institutions. Prefer end-to-end program and production leadership.
- Proficiency in systems (Internet, Office Applications) and proficiency in and/or ability to quickly learn internal business systems.
- Experience in a Contact Center environment with direct leadership of line management leaders
- BA/BS or equivalent work experiencerequired. Master's Degree preferred.
- Flexibility to operate effectively in a global construct and to travel frequently.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.