As a Business Performance Leader you will be an operational advisor for the Center of Excellence Internal Controls leader. You will be responsible for partnering with the regional directors to deliver on key strategic business goals while achieving KPI’s, retaining/attracting talent and driving effective cost management. The Business Performance Leader supports the coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific operational projects and process improvements to enable the leadership team to execute on their strategic goals.
- Counsel: Partner and advise the teams on a wide-range of initiatives, prioritizing efforts, and guiding on highest-and-best use of resources. Create strategic plans and frameworks. Aid in simplification of complex concepts for broad communication.
- Operating Rhythms: Create and manage effective, scalable processes to manage operating rhythms such as operating reviews, metrics/analytics, staff meetings, global visits, and operating excellence processes. Will work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company and customer.
- Operational Alignment: Work closely with all business units and other key stakeholder organizations such as Risk Management and Compliance to align operations with strategy. Able to effect results by maneuvering through appropriate formal and informal organization channels. Must be able to influence leaders in the organization.
- Executive Presentation: Collaborate with other Partners to prepare for Executive Reviews, All Hands, and other stakeholder presentations. Able to successfully present Risk Management plans and strategies to our internal and external stakeholders. This person will be an expert with Excel and PowerPoint and will constantly use these tools to deliver data and communication.
- Communication:Partner with Communications to plan and execute key messages and delivery to audiences, both internal to COE and to external audiences. For example: communications packs, team briefs, regular updates, Leaders Meeting presentations, external speeches/talking points, etc.
- General Administration: Liaise with finance and planning to manage opex budgets and staff capacity models, prioritize tasks, optimize schedules, arrange meetings, and organize day-to-day activities
- Strong Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and leadership skills. Ability to influence and work through others.
- Relationship Building: Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Creating the New and Different: This person is creative and full of new ideas, a visionary, and can manage process innovation; sees multiple futures and possibilities; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to the organization; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data.
- Professional Presence: This person should also have a positive, confident, energetic personality.
- Team Player: Great team player who can be agile and flexible in fast-changing and undefined situations.
- Self Starter: Ability to work effectively in an autonomous fashion, and willingness to enable the success of stakeholders worldwide.
- Program/Project Leadership: Has successfully taken ownership of project timelines and multi-task management in the past.
- Metrics and Data Driven Decision Making: Has proven analytical skills and is able to define & clearly articulate success by metrics and data driven measurements.
- Risk and/or Payments Background: Has a strong grasp of the payments domain and risk management experiencedesired but not required. Passion for learning.
- 15 years experience including 10 years of management experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.