At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- Collaborate with architects and leads to refine and understand features to be implemented
- Create and maintain design and support documents
- Implement design using Verilog to optimize performance, area and power
- Provide initial test of design
- Support verification with debug of failures, specification of cover points, functional and code coverage review and resolution
- Resolve synthesis and timing analysis issues
- Participate in new architecture discussions and perform design experiments
- 8+ years of professional experience in the semiconductor industry
- Must have 6+ years experience in RTL level ASIC design using Verilog
- Must have significant experience with floating point ALU design
- Proficient in RTL debug with simulation tools
- General understanding of computer organization/architecture.
- Proficient in Unix shell scripting, source control tools, and working in Linux and Windows environments
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills, detail oriented, clear coding style
- English fluency, hearing, speaking, reading and writing
- Good communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and able to independently drive tasks to completion.
- System Verilog, C++, Perl
- Exposure to graphics pipeline architecture
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Architecture + work experience
- Must meet one of:
- BS + 10 years
- MS + 8 years
- PhD + 4 years