To support the Joint Simulation Environment (JSE) a successful applicant will possess the ability to understand air vehicle system architecture, design and subsystems integration and mission systems avionics. The selected candidate will have 5-20 years direct hands on experience (salary will be competitive, based on experience) with aerospace systems, including a minimum of 1 year experience working with 5th generation fighter aircraft or sensors fusion. A successful applicant will:
- Support and assist in developing test planning, test conduct, test processes, test reports, operation procedures, data deliverables and safety packages.
- Configure the battle space, post-test reconfigurations and preparing the virtual environment with customer defined threat laydowns.
- Develop and implement threat configurations, SUT configurations and weapons configurations.
- Operate and act as the role of a flyer/operator within the simulation environment.
- Instruct, mentor and demonstrate to fellow flyers and engineers the threat system, operations, sensor systems, communication and navigation systems, and PVI.
- Modelling and simulation support for the development, upgrade, operations and integration of constructive, non-real-time and virtual piloted simulators to the flying quality, air-frame, propulsion, avionics, sensors, weapon and electronic warfare mission areas.
- Engineering support for test planning working groups, design reviews and any other related testing activities.
- Support development of operational training programs and department policy.
- Possess recent 5th generation fighter program experience as either a pilot, test engineer or developmental engineer
- Possess subject matter expert level knowledge of fifth generation fighter aircrafts mission systems design and integration and sensors fusion through recent experience as a pilot or engineer in either a test unit (DT or OT), or developmental organization (Air Force or contractor).
- Build a detailed understanding and knowledge of Joint Simulation Environment (JSE) capabilities and limitations, and use that knowledge to advise DT and OT organizations to optimize their use of the JSE.
- Possess and uses excellent written and oral communication skills as well as persuasion skills to advocate for various JSE stakeholder needs
- Mentor junior employees and actively participates in their professional development
- Maintain a willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and need
5+ years of direct hands on experience with designing, operating, or testing aerospace systems, including a minimum of 1 year working on 5th generation fighter aircraft or sensor fusion.
BS in technical field or equivalent with number of years of experience determining level of position filled.
Active Secret Clearance and ability to attain Top Secret clearance and SCI and appropriate program access required.
The following experience is desired but not required:
- Graduate of an accredited Test Pilot School is desired
- Developmental Test and Operational Test operations experience is desired
- Previous experience as a Military Pilot, Test Conductor or Test Director is desired
- Experience with or knowledge of systems engineering processes and procedures is desired