Support engineering test and evaluation. Coordinates/directs the work of flight test engineers and instrumentation personnel. Oversee significant portions of Flight Test Project and participates in aircraft and aircraft system design.
Able to evaluate, recommend, and implement flight test tools and strategies while ensuring compliance with federal regulations and product specifications.
- Develop and implementation of aircraft instrumentation, data recording, telemetry, and data analysis hardware and software.
- Participate in all aspects of engineering test and evaluation activities.
- Prepare Test Plans and Test Cards.
- Conduct daily brief of aircraft configuration, weight and balance, status, and limitations.
- Perform Flight Test Engineer duties during flight in experimental aircraft.
- Perform Flight Test Director duties during test flights.
- Gather, analyze, and report on ground and flight test data.
- Evaluate compliance with federal regulations, design requirements and objectives.
- Communicate test results to engineering personnel, corporate officers, contractor, and FAA personnel.
- Recommend changes to aircraft and aircraft systems to meet design and regulatory requirements, design objectives, and customer needs and safety.
- Oversee flight test equipment inventory and instrument calibrations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering related discipline.
- Engineering experience 5 years.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Experience with data digital data acquisition hardware and software.
- Good communication, computer, leadership, organizational and multitasking skills.
Certificate or Licensures:
- FAA Class III Medical.
- FAA Private Pilot, Single Engine Land.