Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Lockheed Martin is seeking an engineering professional to join its Flight Test Data Operations group at Nellis AFB in support of flight test of the F35 Fighter. This is a full time position at Nellis AFB, NV reporting to management in Edwards, CA.
Successful candidate will function as a Data Processing Engineer for Flight Test activities. Position is primarily tasked with supporting daily flight test data center operations by preparing and post-processing flight test data products. The successful candidate, working under only general directions, will be responsible for all phases of customer support as the local System Support Engineer representing Lockheed Martin's F-22 data processing tools and systems. Candidate responsibilities will span all customer support activities as a funnel for new requirements and issue tracking to the development team, provider of training sessions (both formal and informal) to the customer, creator of recommendation reports to the customer, and act as the System Administration and IT System Build expert.
Supporting tasks include:
- Receive, process and troubleshoot IRIG 106 formatted data products per established processes.
- Coordinate with Instrumentation Engineering, Operations Engineering, IT administration, and leadership on issues, status and capabilities.
- Diagnosis and resolution of problems encountered in the recovery of test data.
- Develop, test, and troubleshoot data processing algorithms for aircraft data.
- Support IT assignments as required.
At this level the successful candidate will expected to be familiar with the data processing field and be familiar with server system administration and desktop support. The candidate is expected to continue to actively expand his or her knowledge of the discipline and of specific tasking.
Candidate must have the communication, organization, and planning skills to handle a highly dynamic flight test environment.
Demonstrated customer relationship management experience is a plus. Experience with data management tools, methodologies, database support and IT systems are required. Supporting network configurations, security requirements, user profile management and system administration is to be expected. Solaris/Unix experience is a plus.
**Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.**
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
- Bachelors or Above Degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline
- Experience in Data Processing
- Experience with recognizing deficiencies in processes
- Experience with customer focus with field service experience
- Active Secret clearance required
- Active Security+ Certification
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, etc.)
- Experience with troubleshooting missing data and malfunctioning network systems
- Should be able to manage user account setup and Active Directory management on Windows systems
- Experience working in a Flight Test organization
- Hardware and/or software programming experience
- Experience working with IRIG Standard 106 including Chapter 10 (recorded data) and Chapter 9 (TMATS)
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Teletronics Corporation (TTC) hardware and software
- Symvionics IADS (Interactive Analysis and Display System) use and programming
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) regulations and operating procedures
- Experience with and/or knowledge of working with communications protocols, Specifically Fibre Channel, MIL-STD-1553, IEE-1394, CAIS Bus (Common Airborne Instrumentation System Bus), RS-485
- Excellent communication skills
- Write customized procedures and user guidance to support specific IT tasks
- Experience with Sustaining Systems / Software / Database Support
- Experience with RMF/JSIG Compliance
- Manage and maintain Windows servers and at least familiar with Linux and Sun Solaris servers
- Perform operating system maintenance and updates for Windows
- Maintain 3rd party software maintenance and updates on Windows
- Install, manage, and update Lockheed Martin's CDP software
- Manage system and data backup and recovery on Windows
- Thoroughly support the objectives of the 59th TES Data Lab Manager and the Data Laboratory Objectives. This will require a team mentality and proactive attitude.
Valid through: 3/4/2021