New Business Specialist responsible to lead Fresh and Dry Inbound/Backhaul organization focused on reducing net landed cost by developing strategic partnerships with suppliers, carriers, and 3rd party providers. Create new synergistic moves utilizing internal fleets, common carriers, and intermodal transportation. Create and maintain pipeline of new business opportunities consistent with overall SC Logistics strategy. Develop project plans and facilitate larger inbound projects. Act as a subject matter expert for large scale company initiatives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Vendor Management: Enforce charges, review progress, work directly with carriers to ensure progress is made in a tangible measurable format
• Manage vendor allowance matrices, carrier contracts, and carrier rates. Ensure proper procedures in place to allow quick execution of contracts and on-boarding of carriers
• Monitor vendor in compliance program. Enforce charges, review progress, work directly with carriers to ensure progress is made in a tangible measurable format.
• Manage Logistics system vendor relationship. Audit payments, carriers tendered loads, and selection of carriers. Spot audits will be performed periodically and resulted communicated to team and Logistics system provider.
2. Leadership: Lead the organization to support the implementation of the Supply Chain Strategy controlling the flow of product from the vendors to the distribution centers and stores
• Lead a best in class inbound logistics organization for Fresh and Dry product distribution including all facets of inbound logistics, facilitate strategic alliances with suppliers, and internally that will drive service and cost improvements.
• Lead the organization to support the implementation of the Supply Chain Strategy controlling the flow of product from the vendors to the distribution centers and stores.
3. Relationship Management: Develop strategic partnerships with vendors, carriers, and 3rd party logistics companies
• Develop strategic partnerships with vendors, carriers, and 3rd party logistics companies.
• Explore new business opportunities related to carrier pool, vendors, suppliers.
• Grow and maintain the asset-based carrier pool and establish appropriate relationships with 3rd party brokers to ensure we have the resources needed to meet our needs.
4. Contract Management: Review out of date contracts, contact companies directly dealing with executive level staff to update and revise outstanding issues
• Work closely with legal department to maintain carrier and vendor contract compliance.
• Review out of date contracts, contact companies directly dealing with executive level staff to update and revise outstanding issues.
• Make decisions without Manager's assistance and approval.
5. Project Management: Directly manage large scale logistics projects and act as the lead to facilitate and implement change
• Directly manage large scale logistics projects.
• Act as the lead to facilitate and implement the change.
• Monitor and conduct follow up meetings to measure results.
• Work with all levels and areas of the business.
• Assist in developing a produce logistics plan to meet our promise of delivering the best produce for our customers.
6. New Business: Increase cost savings to company in a sustainable manner
• Generate cost savings equal to budget gaps per year by aggressively seeking new business ventures.
• Increase cost savings to company in a sustainable manner.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience
• 8 – 10 years experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Customer focus
• Supervisory / leadership skills
• Attention to detail
• Negotiation skills
• Strategic planning
• Highly motivated, independent performer
• Critical thinker
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint)
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Solid understanding of contracts and contract compliance
• Solid understanding of transportation management systems
• Solid understanding of (our) supply chain network