Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Responsible to be the technical expert on how the truck will be operated by the end user, how the dealer will order the truck, and the best combination of available options and performance for the customer’s application in regards to top fleet accounts.
- Support the fleet sales team on specific projects, providing the voice of the customer and dealer to enable them to meet their fleet’s goals.
- Support fleet sales program managers on technical tasks related to assigned fleet accounts. This could be, but not limited to, OAR requests, and sales engineering project creation and presentation.
- Proficient at Pro-E 3D modeling to build and share complex solutions to fleet accounts to optimize their specs.
- Cross-functional leadership in working with Kenworth factory fleet support team in regards to pilot builds and fleet expectations.
- Provide support and completion of PROSPECTOR/PremierSpec chassis building, and Data Book enhancements when identified through fleet spec’ing.
- Travel to fleet customers and dealers to provide sales support for truck spec reviews and product training.
Qualifications & Skills
- BS degreerequired; BSME or BSEE preferred. P.E. License desired.
- Four years’ experience with Kenworth in plant, technical, or design position.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills are a must; Customer service oriented.
- Field Service experiencedesired.
- Mechanical and/or electricalexperience and aptitude.
- Competency in the use of personal computer software including word processing, spreadsheets and databases; Programming and/or Pro/E experience a must.
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- General knowledge of truck or automotive systems/components and how they function/interact.
- Project support and leadership for small to moderate size projects, including customer request, process improvement & product development support.
- Understanding of basic principles of computer/application program operation and willingness to support maintenance of existing applications and development of new processes and application. Will work with Plant & IT groups