Coordinate Feeding America member vehicle procurement and support to assist in lowering network vehicle procurement costs. Work with corporate donors/partners to provide national truck purchase and assembly discounts, fleet optimization expertise, and routing software partnerships. Build a sustainability plan to optimize maintenance and repair savings to fund future repairs and replacements.
- Develop the FA vendor base and establish partnerships with vendors for the best quality and price for all vehicle(s) and components.
- Establish a relationship with each member food bank, compile data on member needs, and communicate information related to vehicles and components through a national communication system.
- Manage all customer service and problems related to the purchase of both grant donated vehicles and direct purchase vehicles.
- Negotiate pricing that would make national vehicle purchasing more attractive and cost-effective than local purchase where possible but enable the membership to also secure local purchases through benchmarking their pricing against the pricing available from the national office.
- Support the Feeding America network membership to procure the vehicles needed to perform their/our mission.
- Educate and inform the network of industry standards, practices, new equipment that would further the mission, and allow all key decision makers to purchase more effectively at all levels.
- Stay informed on updated industry initiatives and activities through publications, discussions with vendors and conferences to develop information to assist network members.
- Perform cost benefit analysis and assist members in making decisions on equipment such as whether to lease or buy trucks and trailers, as needed.
- Travel to foodbanks to present equipment lease or purchase findings on an as needed basis.
- Collect and report on current member fleet assets and make recommendations for replacements.
- Inform and educate Feeding America staff to support grant writing, policy development, and other philanthropic activities related to food distribution.
- Communicate effectively Supply Chain purchasing processes to assist other department staff in understanding the vehicle purchase process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other staff members to facilitate quality process flow to support the grant, procurement, and accounting functions resulting in prompt billing and invoicing.
- BA/BS or relevant experience
- Engineering or business degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years in transportation or procurement role
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Leverages Functional Expertise - Ability to translate best practice supply chain logistics to a network fleet needs.
- Translates strategy to operations goals. – Adept at taking theoretical needs from various stakeholders and providing a suite of solutions.
- Understands Our Business – Ability to translate supply chain logistics practices to a non-profit, networked model.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally – Ability to identify internal FANO stakeholders, network stakeholders, and donor stakeholders and manages differing expectations with tact.
- Operates with Integrity – Seeks to understand what is in the best interest of the people we serve and drives work accordingly.