Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Fleet Manager will have the primary responsibility of managing Fleet Department. The Fleet department provides multi-type vehicles to all Lucid departments and operates in compliance with State and Federal regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate would plan, direct and organize the functions related to the acquisition, utilization, maintenance, and disposition of the Lucid's vehicle and Benchmarking vehicles and to plan, direct and administer the fleet information and management system.
- Administers a comprehensive fleet utilization, maintenance and repair program for the Lucid's vehicles and benchmarking vehicles;
- Directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate supervisory and lead personnel, and provides overall management of Lucid fleet operations;
- Prepares and manages the annual budget for all fleet operations;
- Ensures Lucid compliance with Federal, State and local hazardous materials and waste regulations;
- Establishes, and evaluates priorities, goals, and objectives for fleet operations;
- Manages personnel and labor relations issues that affect fleet operations;
- Approves purchase orders, payment vouchers, billings and credit card purchases;
- Maintains inventories of vehicles, parts, and fuels to assure accountability and proper utilization;
- Manages fuel/charging vehicle program with respect to the fleet vehicles;
- Chairs Lucid wide vehicle user committee;
- Establishes and maintains performance and productivity standards for fleet maintenance and service personnel and monitors performance to assure quality control and competitive, efficient and safe operations;
- Procures, maintains and disposes of vehicles and equipment in accordance with Lucid policies and procedures and Federal, State, and local laws;
- Directs, coordinates and obtains contractual agreements with vendors to provide fleet services;
- Manages licensing and registration of fleet vehicles;
- Works closely with Lucid department heads or their representatives in the development of fleet planning and organizational needs;
- Performs other related duties and required.
- Sufficient education and experience that demonstrates the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the typical tasks:
- A qualified candidate would typically possess education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration or a closely related field, and four (4) years management experience which demonstrates the ability to manage multi-type automotive fleet; or four (4) years management experience in maintenance and repair of a large fleet operation; or four (4) years supervisory experience equivalent to a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
- Management and administrative principles and practices;
- Budgeting, organization, and supervision of large, multi-type vehicle maintenance and motor pool facilities;
- Federal, State and local laws and regulations that affect fleet maintenance safety and hazardous materials handling and disposal;
- Techniques for researching, analyzing and determining equipment needs and utilization;
- Depreciation and equipment replacement;
- Procedures for procurement and disposal of fleet assets;
- Automated systems available to assist with management of fleet operations;
- Principles of employee supervision, training and development;
- California Motor Vehicle Code sections related to vehicle safety requirements and licensing.
- Manage all functions of a large, multi-type automotive fleet;
- Plan, train, assign supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinate personnel;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Lucid managers, subordinates, vendors, and all others encountered in the course of work;
- Implement and maintain computerized automotive fleet systems;
- Evaluate, compare and recommend vehicles required for different types of work;
- Develop and attain short and long range goals and objectives for a comprehensive vehicle fleet repair and maintenance program in coordination with Lucid Service Department;
- Evaluate service delivery by vendors and contractors;
- Promote a customer service orientation within the department;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.