Less than 5 years experience • Agriculture
As the Fleet Manager, you will report to the Transportation Manager and manage the service and repairs of company vehicles and mechanical equipment. Serve as a resource for the transportation management team to ensure safety and productivity standards are consistently met.
Main Responsibilities of Position
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Coastal Sunbelt Produce.
- Working knowledge of all vehicles in Fleet.
- Supervise the maintenance and repairs of company-owned, leased and rental vehicles.
- Ensure safety compliance.
- Maintain records of maintenance activity for all vehicles.
- Recommend the replacement of trucks to maintain productivity standards.
- Plan and generate vehicle replacement schedule.
- Responsible for selecting and maintaining vehicles in order to keep deliveries and distribution on schedule and within the established budget.
- Generate, maintain, and analyze OOS Reports.
- Report on truck appearance and scheduled repairs.
- Develop and maintain outside vendor and service provider relationships.
- Review all vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Coordinates vehicle concerns and issues with the management team.
- Work with transportation management team to minimize damage and repairs to vehicles and equipment.
- Inspect the truck cleanliness and report back to the management team.
- Perform all other work duties as assigned.
Education: HS Diploma or GED.
Experience: At least Two years of experience supervising the maintenance of machines and vehicles.
Flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends.
Ability to maintain/attain a DOT certification.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are characteristic of those that must be met in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee needs to walk, sit, stand and use hands to finger dexterity, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
Teach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Laurel, MD
- High school or equivalent
- fleet manager: 3 years
- working in a repair facility: 3 years