PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Financial (PFC)
PACCAR Financial facilitates the sale of premium-quality PACCAR vehicles in 20 countries on three continents worldwide by offering a full spectrum of creative, flexible financial products and value-added services specifically tailored to the transportation industry.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Perform credit underwriting for customers with larger balances owed, identifying the risks in a customer’s financial profile and the structure of the transaction.
- Maintain complete ownership of assigned customer accounts which includes, but is not limited to, timely review of new credit requests, thorough review of financial statements, monitor financial covenants, obtaining current financial information on a quarterly basis, and addressing existing/projected credit lines.
- Analyze and interpret financial statements and data, credit reports, other underwriting documents, and prepare formal written credit proposals.
- Effectively communicate and interact with customers, with a focus on obtaining the necessary information to thoroughly understand business operations, the financial condition of the company, and prepare appropriate recommendations/decisions
- Manage the fleet credit process to determine priorities and ensure satisfactory turnaround time.
- Ability to work well within a team and successfully interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including peers, credit staff, sales personnel, dealership personnel, and senior management.
- Reviews and approves requests for financing within established credit authority.
- Assist with developing technological solutions to improve existing processes and overall portfolio management functions
- Manages self independently often with remote and non-direct supervision.
- Acts with integrity and adheres to PACCAR’s high ethical standards.
Skills / Competencies
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills required along with strong negotiating and leadership skills.
- Good planning, organization and decision-making skills.
- Sales and collection experience strongly desirable.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management internally as well as externally with dealers and customers.
- Proficient in standard PC applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Proficiency working with data.
- Customer service oriented and ability to think critically and solve problems
- BA/BS degree in finance, business or related field required; MBA or equivalent experiencepreferred.
- Five to eight years credit underwritingexperiencerequired, including workout experience; commercial equipment lending experiencepreferred.