$250K — $300K *
Fixed income team oversees $70B in US Dollar, Long and Intermediate duration mandates. The team utilizes a combination of custom-built Portfolio Management system (which uses APL language), Charles River Trading/Compliance System, Eagle accounting system, and a number of other systems. This infrastructure imports, processes, and stores for display and analysis, multiple sources of pricing and analytics data. These systems are used by Portfolio Managers, Traders, Quantitative Analysts, Compliance and the Marketing team. In addition, Portfolio Managers and Traders have built customized spreadsheets utilizing Bloomberg, Tradeweb, Yieldbook, and Charles River add-ins for complex security and portfolio analysis. We are looking for a consultant to perform a top-to-bottom review of our existing fixed income systems, with the goal of producing a proposal for a best-in-class Fixed Income analytics system and a migration path from all or some our existing systems.
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Review and understand existing systems, business processes, and team needs
o Responsible for translation of functional requirement into functional specifications ensuring functionality and integration will work with existing systems/platforms
o Outstanding ability to consistently anticipate client needs through an in depth understanding of a client’s requirements and desires
o Outstanding ability to consistently anticipate and manage all risks and consequences when devising solutions
o Consistently keeps the big picture in mind, considering the impact of individual tasks on the outcome of the project, while ensuring the details are complete
o Partner with business side project manager to formulate project plan task definition & estimates, and/or assemble own task list that leads to the successful delivery of a project
· Propose a new architecture across the Fixed Income systems, including:
o New data platform that can hold historical data (security-level pricing, analytics, transactions, etc.) and all new data sources. This system needs to be scalable, fast, and accessible by various analytics tools
o New portfolio analytics system that can query historical data to show security-level and portfolio-level analytics (including risk reports with CTDs, attribution reports, etc.)
o An approach for converting existing spreadsheet analytics into application-based analytics that are fast, reliable, version-controlled, tied into overall data architecture, and can be customized by a Business Analyst working with the investment team
· Provide a path for migrating from current systems architecture to new systems architecture
o Propose maintaining, upgrading, or replacing existing systems
o Lay out time, people (with skill sets), and cost requirements for key upgrades
o Outline key risks for delays and business disruptions in the migration plan
· BS / BA degree in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance), or Information Technology; advanced degree a plus, financial industry certifications a plus.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or IT related field
· 12+ years of proven business analysis experience in Asset Management or related industry
· Must be very hands-on, with ability to generate specifications by working with the Investment Team, architect the new system, write code, and manage a team of software and database developers.
· Ideal candidate would have experience as senior software developer or CTO within a fixed income asset manager.
· 7+ years of professional software development experience, ideally within financial services
· Strong experience with Web programming including ASP.NET Core, WebAPI, and MVC as well as recent versions of Angular (not AngularJS)
· Experience with SQL and/or navigating databases via query tool is required.
· Experience with business process reengineering
· Multiple experiences implementing investment related systems such as an order management system, investment accounting system, or a regulatory/compliance system
· Experience writing specifications, e.g., business requirements, functional requirements, etc. that are clear, concise and well organized
· Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
· Experience writing and executing test plans
· Ability to balance multiple priorities and shift priorities as needed
· Must be comfortable working directly with the business users to address production issues and complete project related work
· Knowledge of technology and software development lifecycle is required
Valid through: 11/15/2021
$100K — $150K *
2 days ago