Primary responsibility is to trade investment grade and emerging market securities for ETFs, mutual funds and institutional accounts, ensuring best execution. Additional responsibilities include providing team members with market color, aiding the team in maintaining compliance and cultivating relationship with counterparties. This position will also provide primary support to Sr. Traders in Investment Grade (IG)/Emerging Market (EM) and High Yield (HY) sectors.
You will be responsible for:
- Execute Fixed Income orders across IG, EM and HY sectors using a variety of strategies, trading venues, broker dealers in order to achieve best execution for IVZ Fixed Income teams.
- Work with Sr traders to develop and refine analytical tools used to evaluate trading activity.
- Maintain a close relationship with fund managers, ensuring constant dialogue regarding market news, market trends, key market indicators and regulatory developments.
- Aid in resolving settlement issues working as a liaison between the trading desk and support functions including operations, compliance legal and accounting.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with investment guidelines and regulations
- Cultivate relationships with counterparties in support of our access to liquidity and investment idea flow.
- Maintain awareness of developments with markets, regulations, trading technology and other issues relevant to the relevant markets.
- Attend meetings, some of which may be after normal business hours, with brokers and other industry representatives for the purpose of developing appropriate industry contacts and relationships.
The experience you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and MBA preferred. CFA preferred
- 5+ years trading investment grade, emerging market and other fixed income products.
- Knowledge of the investment grade or emerging market sales/trading business community is preferred.
- Proficiency in Bloomberg, Aladdin, TradeWeb, MarkAxess and Liquidnet preferred.
- Expertise in Excel and other desktop software is required.
- Resourceful and self-motivated.
- Analytical literacy; ability to perform complex analysis and present data in a meaningful way.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a stressful environment
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete information
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of economic principles and capital markets functions.