This position will be responsible for supervising and reviewing the work performed by the project accountants. The Project Accounting Supervisor will provide direct support to the Project Accounting/Fixed Assets Manager and assist with departmental accounting activities, including special projects.
• Supervise and review the overall accounting processes, activities and output generated by the project accountants to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all PP&E and inventory related accounts.
• Review AFE’s submitted through workflow to ensure compliance with company policy and GAAP
• Document departmental procedures as necessary.
• Review work in progress and communicate with operational personnel to ensure capital projects are placed into service in accordance with company policy.
• Manage and maintain departmental documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
• Prepare/review monthly and quarterly CapEx spending as well as PP&E roll forwards to ensure proper compliance with GAAP, SEC and Tax.
• Ensure proper compliance with joint venture reporting requirements.
• Help coordinate and review any audit requests as completed by the project accountants.
• Establish and maintain strong and effective customer relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Provide support and assistance to Fixed Asset Manager with special projects and requests as necessary.
• Establish and maintain departmental processes and procedures, with continuous focus on process improvement.
• Occasional travel to field locations.
DEPARTMENT CORE COMPETENCIES
Employees in this position will be required to demonstrate the following job-related competencies in performance of the role:
• Customer Focus
• Results Oriented
• Sound Decision Making
• Workload Management
• Sets Business-Aligned Goals for the Team
• Team Leadership
• Interviewing and Personnel Decisions
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
• Five to ten years of previous Fixed Asset or Project experience required.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Self-starter who is able to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to changing requirements while maintaining a positive outlook.
• Ability to work under high pressure in a fast-paced environment amidst continual change.
• Strong leadership and management skills with a positive attitude
• Ability to maintain professionalism in business-related and social situations
• Work cooperatively with others to ensure overall team effectiveness
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office products.
• Oracle experience preferred.
• Industry experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Flexible to work overtime during peak periods as needed.