HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a Contract Manger at our client site located in Kingsport, TN. In this position, you will be responsible for managing and directing all operational aspects of a multi-site, single client program, ensuring consistency amongst all client locations in communications, training, marketing, programs and service. You will be responsible for contract compliance, development of and adherence to the strategic business plan and program budget, and supervision of Managers, Program Coordinators, Health Fitness Professionals and Health Fitness Specialists. You will act as the primary client and HealthFitness contact for the program and also perform many Program Manager duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the development and implementation of the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy to meet client objectives.
- Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced. Coordinates contract renewal efforts.
- Prepares and manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures. Negotiates staff compensation and/or management fee increases.
- Manages the development of outcomes focused programs to meet client objectives; interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments as appropriate to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
- Conducts periodic site visits and ensures overall quality control. Ensures all program activities are delivered in accordance with HealthFitness operational, quality, safety and service standards.
- Collects participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results; creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HealthFitness policies, procedures and applicable laws including recruiting, orienting, training, evaluating, developing and planning the succession of associates. Provides training and development opportunities to promote and encourage career growth. Conducts formal performance appraisals on an annual basis and initiates formal corrective action process when warranted.
- Ensures staff are properly trained and manages staff according to established standards. Serves as a resource for all associates in handling employee relations issues.
- Coordinates overall recruitment efforts for each location. Involved in the hiring and selection process and interviews final candidates for designated positions. Approves all job offers.
- Leads regular leadership meetings and attends group staff meetings to ensure associates are informed about HealthFitness, client and program events, initiatives and status. Assists site staff in networking and peer interaction efforts.
- Approves and/or submits employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies. Assures revenue collection and expense payment processes are functioning correctly.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required.
- Some college coursework in business administration preferred.
- 5+ years related industry experience including 2 years of program management and staff supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from AHA or American Red Cross preferred but required within 30 days of employment.
- Strong leadership, team management, interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of individuals both within HealthFitness and the client organization.