DescriptionColumbus Crew SC is seeking to fill the position of Fitness and End Stage Rehab Coach (FRC) to help direct the on-field fitness and end stage reconditioning program for our first team. The FRC is a new position within the Crew SC High Performance Department. They will play a crucial role in implementing our functional performance philosophy throughout all of the club’s on-field applications.
We seek a creative mind who has the courage to innovate and try new ideas. We seek an individual who wants to be a part of a truly integrated high performance team, who wants to inspire and be inspired, and who wants to work in an elite high performance environment.
The position is based in Columbus, Ohio and will require minimal domestic travel and occasional international travel. The FRC reports to the High Performance Director and Head Coach/Sporting Director. This position is required to engage in collaboration with the entire high performance and technical staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist/Manage the planning and implementation of all on-field team conditioning needs
- Assist/Manage the planning and implementation of all reconditioning needs for players in the end stages of rehabilitation
- Assist with gym based performance programs, directed by the Head of Strength and Conditioning
- Assist with the gym based strength and conditioning needs of players in the end stages of rehabilitation
- Implement a daily recovery strategy for every first team player based on the Crew SC Monitoring Platform
- Conduct warm ups for team training sessions and individual reconditioning sessions
Required skills, experience & abilities
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Science or other related field
- Minimum requirement of Certificate in Sports Rehabilitation in the US or Abroad
- CSCS or equivalent sport performance certification
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a sporting environment with 2 years in a professional soccer environment
- Must have soccer playing experience – Youth Academy to College Level required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Dynamic and charismatic with player and staff interactions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrate professionalism with both internal and external audiences
- Able to work independently and with a team
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.