$80K — $100K *
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
We currently have an opening for a Fisheries Biologist/Aquatic Scientist in our Vancouver office. You combine a scientific background in fisheries and aquatic ecology with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will take on a strong role in program design and implementation, project management, and client and business development.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Designing studies and coordinating field surveys.
• Preparing high quality technical reports.
• Leading municipal, provincial and federal regulatory processes.
• Developing and managing relationships with industry, government and First Nation clients.
• Preparing workplans for technical programs and writing high quality proposals.
• Contributing to the growth and scientific development of the company.
What you will bring to the table:
• Undergraduate degree in Biology, Fisheries or Aquatic Science.
• Professional registration (R.P.Bio.).
• 7+ years of experience in environmental consulting.
• Practical experience in fisheries, riparian and aquatic assessments, offsetting and habitat design, stream channel processes, and environmental flow needs (EFN).
• Experience in study design, field assessment, statistical analysis and interpretation.
• Experience developing and maintaining client relationships.
• Leadership, project management and mentoring skills.
Valid through: 3/19/2021