Industry: Food & Beverage•
Less than 5 years
Posted 277 days ago
Our client, a fast growing food manufacturer, is looking to add an experienced first shift maintenance supervisor to lead maintenance team. The successful individual will ensure uninterrupted continuity of facility, manufacturing, and support systems and processes throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Represent company as a management team member, advancing the goals of Safety, Quality, and Productivity, in a food manufacturing environment.
• Review the ongoing efficiencies of manufacturing and support systems throughout the facility; make recommendations and implement improvements as necessary
• Coach team members in proper troubleshooting techniques, maintenance, and repair of plant systems
• Supervise team members overall job performance including overall job proficiency, adherence to company rules, policies and professional standards
• Coach team members to enable their professional advancement
• Support, monitor and expand Preventive/Predictive Maintenance throughout all facility systems and machinery
• Utilize CMMS system including work orders, purchase order, inventory control, and equipment history, in performing job tasks.
• Troubleshoot and repair controls systems including network problems associated with PC’s, PLC’s, and various man-machine interfaces
• Utilize an advanced skillset in troubleshootingelectrical systems including power distribution, motor controls, variable speed controllers, servo controllers, and robotics.
• Utilize a thorough knowledge in troubleshooting automated packaging machinery operation.
• Utilize a thorough knowledge in troubleshooting various process equipment including pumps, valves, meters, and mixing equipment.
• Utilize a working knowledge in troubleshootinghydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Utilize a working knowledge in troubleshooting typical facility support systems including steam, hot water, compressed air, and refrigeration.
• Read and interpret electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
• Other duties as assigned
Directly supervises employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree (A.S.) in Electrical, Mechanical, or IndustrialEngineering or EngineeringTechnology and/or combination of minimum 2-7yrs experience in food, beverage, or consumer goods experience in a manufacturing plant.