Job ID: 651918BR
Date posted: Sep. 11, 2023
Description:Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems is seeking a First Line Manager to support the Platform, Communications and ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) Integration component of the Engineering & Technology (E&T) organization based in Valley Forge PA. The Platform, Comms and ISR Integration component provides Systems and Software Engineering leadership and support to Programs including the Advanced Sensor Technology, Aircraft Media Gateway and Aegis for the Navy and U-2 Datalinks for the USAF.
In this role you will:
• Coach and oversee group and individual development using technical leadership and performance management
• Ensure efforts are effectively staffed and that personnel are fully engaged and committed to program success
• Maintain awareness, engagement and communication of critical issues and their reach across programs
• Lead and execute strategic initiatives to improve cost, schedule, and technical performance
• The Associate Manager will also hold a technical, programmatic role, in addition to their FLM responsibilities.
We're looking for:
• Experience coordinating work and personnel across multiple work locations and organizational structures
• A highly motivated individual able to form effective relationships within program, across the entire E&T organization, and with customer personnel
• Experience balancing multiple, competing priorities in a highly dynamic, high-tempo environment Ability to balance programmatic, functional, leadership, and technical tasks
• Ability to clearly communicate complex technical and programmatic issues to your team, peers, management and customers
• Experience modeling Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives, ownership and accountability
• Proven skills providing technical and administrative direction to other employees
The Selected candidate will provide technical coordination and execution on Platform, Comms and ISR Integration programs, interfacing with Line of Business program management, engineering project managers, engineering technical leads and development teams. They will also be responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment
• Demonstrated experience in leadership with the ability to build effective and trusting relationships with customers, management, teammates, peers and subordinates
• Demonstrated experience effectively communicating (verbal, written and presentation) with all employee levels, senior management, internal stakeholders and external customers, etc.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience with systems or software engineering activities
• Must be able to assist in problem solving exploration in many disciplines/domains
• Strong and proven understanding of the Engineering development process, specifically agile development, MBE, and Test Automation
• Strong process focus with ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and drive required changes
• Ability to multi-task, outstanding effective communication skills, and a strong track record of team-building
• Experience with fast-paced, agile software development programs
• Prior experience and/or knowledge of the C4ISR domain, specifically one of the following Programs: Advanced Sensor Technology, Aircraft Media Gateway, U-2 Datalinks
• Prior Lead Systems Engineering/Automated Test Engineering/Project Engineering management experience
• Secret Clearance
• Prior technical lead/project management experience
• Experience in establishing vision and strategy for an organization/team
• Experience in integrating complex information and summarizing to management via email or presentations
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you're invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other