We are seeking an experienced Firmwide Research Librarian to conduct comprehensive legal research on complex fact patterns and legal issues.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
At Nixon Peabody, our priority is to attract, retain and promote talented individuals who have an array of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious, professional, personal, and other backgrounds. Therefore, we encourage talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Office: San Francisco, Chicago, Rochester, New York City, Boston, or Washington D.C.
- Provide in-depth legal and business research services to attorneys and staff in a wide variety of practice areas using both print and online resources.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex litigation research, including finding cases and secondary materials related to specific fact patterns in a wide variety of jurisdictions.
- Gather, analyze, synthesize and present a summary of relevant, well targeted research findings to attorneys and staff to facilitate decision making and business planning.
- As part of the Library & Research Services Team, collaborate and coordinate with library staff in other geographies to provide seamless research service for attorneys in all firm locations. In particular, focus on providing backup during times of Library staff absences in other offices so as to maintain adequate coverage.
- Assist with managing workflow across all offices to insure balanced workload, coordination and prioritization of requests to meet attorneys, staff and client needs.
- Actively engages in innovation and Library outreach, training and orientation programs. Present research training programs for attorneys and staff through a variety of formats including in person sessions at attorney meetings and web enabled training.
- Establish relationships with attorneys to improve, expand and market the range of available information sources and services.
- Take part in special projects as requested by the Director of Library & Research Services, including evaluation of new information resources.
- Continue professional development through various firm and association sponsored activities.
- Masters of Library Science or Juris Doctor degree.
- 5+ years professional library related experience in a legal, corporate or professional services setting conducting in-depth research.
- Superior knowledge of complex research in multiple practice areas and jurisdictions.
- Solid proficiency in the use of both print and online resources.
- Highly developed analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to be well organized, work quickly with great attention to detail, and prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive and diverse projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing superior quality client service.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively within and across departments and with all levels of personnel and to succeed in a teamwork environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including advanced presentation skills.