Firmware Validation Engineer - Diagnostic SW (QA with Embedded-Linux - Python)
The Diagnostic Software Systems team plays a mission critical role here at Tesla, working at the intersection of Engineering, Manufacturing and Service. Our mission is to develop a scalable software platform that most efficiently diagnoses, fixes and prevents issues in Tesla products. As a part of the Diagnostic Software Systems team, we achieve our mission by:
- Developing diagnostic software that exercises the hardware to diagnose itself.
- Providing cloud services to centralize and scale services for diagnostics and automation for all Tesla Mfg and Service centers across the world.
- Designing and developing custom tools to automate and simplify diagnostic investigations.
- Centralizing knowledge about issues in our products for machine and user consumption.
- Collecting per-product diagnostic data for reporting and machine learning based automation.
We are looking for a talented Firmware validation engineer with experience designing and developing, the test pipeline used to validate and qualify embedded software that we develop. Testing will include unit testing, functional testing, stress testing, and performance tests for software running on the Car that interfaces with various other systems.
- Identify effective test strategies for a given feature and craft test plans accordingly.
- Develop scenarios, test cases, and write test code to test the software using hardware and software in the loop testing environments.
- Develop and maintain automated test and reporting infrastructure.
- Perform functional, stress, and performance tests on multiple levels within the system.
- Develop and maintain a full test automation architecture.
- Train engineers in best practices for QA automation.
- Work with the QA leads across other teams to utilize company-wide adopted practices and systems.
- Work closely with engineers to gather requirements for testing and help setup and plan test scenarios.
- BS, MS or PhD in CS/CE/EE/Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 3+ years Software QA Experience.
- Experience with FW or embedded SW & systems
- Expert at Linux/Unix systems.
- Strong knowledge of Python preferred.
- Experience in defining manual and/or automated white/black box test cases.
- Experience shipping customer facing software and hardware (manufacturing is a plus).
- Work in the automotive industry, is a plus (experience with Automotive buses like CAN).