Req. ID: 119160
As a Firmware Test Engineer in the Solid State Drives (SSD) group at Micron Technology, you will develop test cases and infrastructure to validate and verify firmware for Solid State Drives using NAND Flash memory. This involves designing automated white-box tests to exercise firmware functionality for new high-performance mass storage controllers. Your tests will be used to verify reliability, endurance, and performance requirements of Solid State Drives for the client market. You can expect to work closely with fellow firmware test engineers, firmware developers, system hardware design engineers, product engineers, Flash memory design engineers, and production engineers to solve cross-functional design issues
In this role, you will work closely with the firmware development team working in an Agile development process. The tests that you develop will use white-box testing methodology to fully validate firmware functionality on a module by module basis as the firmware is being developed. You will be expected to created test plans, define testing methods, specify required white box test interfaces, design test algorithms, and write Python test scripts to verify the implementation of an individual firmware module and its correct operation when it is integrated into the full product firmware. You will test the firmware in a variety of environments including simulation, FPGA prototyping, and on prototype hardware.
Your responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing white-box oriented testing methods to verify and validate firmware product.
- Developing automated testing procedures and infrastructure to improve coverage and efficiency.
- Creating test plans and strategies to improve firmware quality and test coverage.
- Analyzing and triaging testing, performance, and quality data related to firmware products.
- Establishing working relationships with firmware development engineers to improve code quality.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Firmware testing experience.
- C/C++ embedded software development experience.
- Knowledge of test automation, testing methodologies, and test tools.
- Storage industry experience and experience with NVMe, SATA, or SAS protocol. (Preferred)
Masters with 5 years relevant experience or Bachelors with 10 years relevant experience. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a Computer Science specialization.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Milpitas || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SSD Engineering || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-DG1 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Firmware, Engineer, Developer, Electrical, Embedded, Technology, Engineering