What you'll do:
You will be writing embedded system software for Starry's mmWave radios and indoor wi-fi products. You will be leveraging your extensive command of Linux, C++, RUST, and Python to enable networking for Starry’s Internet Service. You will also be coaching novice to senior level engineers to achieve their goals within Starry. You will be guiding the team by shining example: using your skilled coding, and sharing your passion for modular, reusable code, clean APIs, Linux/ARM, and especially Networking!
Who we're looking for:
- You are a principal level or hands-on technical lead with a BS or MS in Software, Computer, or Electrical engineering or equivalent discipline/experience.
- You are an expert at one of either C++ or RUST or both, and have tackled embedded platform bring-up of physical device drivers (GbE+, SPI, PHYs) within Linux.
- You have at least seven years software development experience, which can be a mix of embedded and high level software development.
Bonus points if..
- You have a solid understanding of WiFi 5 and WiFi 6 (802.11ac / 802.11ax)
- Understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF technologies
- Possess ability to debug from PHY Layer all the way up the Stack
- Active Open Source Contributor
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more