The Factory Firmware Team is seeking a Firmware Integration Engineer to develop software tools for vehicle diagnostics, testing and validation. As a Firmware Integration Engineer, you will develop software and hardware tools for the factory side-by-side with development, integration, quality, and manufacturing teams. You will be expected to move projects along at an aggressive pace – pulling together the contributions of cross-functional engineering and manufacturing teams into a cohesive solution. You will also be expected to get your hands dirty in the details of various subsystems – digging through vehicle logs, root causing issues and developing solutions to complex problems.
The Factory Firmware Team operates as the eyes and ears of the Firmware organization within the factory and often has last say on the deployment of new firmware to manufacturing –providing valuable insight and feedback to accelerate development of new software features.
- Set up system level manufacturing processes, related to firmware, from initial concept to final product
- Develop software and hardware tools for vehicle diagnostics, testing, and validation
- Integrate vehicle firmware tests in manufacturing and support new program launches, both hardware and software
- Validatefirmware in manufacturing through the integration and release of new firmware versions
- Develop software and hardware solutions to bridge manufacturing process gaps, maintaining firmware quality, and streamlining production
- Develop and improve tools as well as resolve firmware related issues to support production in meeting their targets
- Influence the end-to-end process of firmware integration into vehicle subsystems within manufacturing
- Troubleshoot high priority production situations through root cause analysis and implementation of short and long term solutions
- BS or equivalent in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields with evidence of exceptional ability
- Prefer 2+ years of professional/relevant experience
- Strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with circuit design and basic hardware prototyping
- Experience testing and validating embedded software in electro-mechanical systems
- Strong experiencecollaborating with colleagues and communicating complex technical concepts to others of varied technical background
- Must be detail oriented with an ability to think creatively and produce “outside of the box” solutions
- Exceptional ability to keep multiple projects moving forward
- Experience working with new product introduction and process improvements
- Experience working in high volume automotive manufacturing
- Understanding of lean manufacturing metrics
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.