In this role you will be creating new products and platforms for SEL’s most advanced protection relays. You will have the ability to lead multi-functional teams, and create innovative solutions that protect the world's critical power infrastructure.
- Leads multiple disciplines/technologies/processes, keeping cost, schedule, and performance objectives in mind.
- Assist portfolio planning and long-term strategy.
- Performs management activities to attract, hire, supervise, and develop individual contributors and supervisors to meeting the goals of the group.
- Participates at external meetings and presents at large internal meetings/forums.
- Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Engineering field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 7+ years of related engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience leading firmware development teams
- Demonstrated ability to design/produce/support successful products/processes
- Proven ability and strong desire to develop employees and lead projects
- Ability to define general approaches and specific solutions to technical problems
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Experience with Agile backlog management