As a senior to staff level FW engineer on the firmware development team, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on the processors at the heart of Tesla powertrains, vehicles and energy storage systems. Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way the world produces electric vehicles and delivers energy. At Tesla you’ll have the ability to take a lofty goal such as ‘the vehicle will park itself’ into an everyday reality. We are currently hiring Senior SW Engineers (FW Engineers) and Staff / Lead FW engineers for our BMS team, On-Board and Off-Board Charging teams and Gateway team.
• Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
• Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems.
• Design the software architecture and firmware implementation on hardware through integration, test and high volume manufacturing.
• Hands-on hardware bringup, system debugging and code optimization.
• Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
• Experience in embedded software development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software with at least 5 years of professional working experience in these areas.
• Expertise in C, embedded C, familiarity with MISRA C a plus.
• Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
• Experience with embedded microprocessor tools.
• Controls software and algorithm development.
• Multithreaded / Multithreading experience.
• Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
• Understanding of physics and basic principles is highly preferred.
• RTOS experience as well as HW fundamentals preferred.
• Experience with C2000 real-time microcontrollers, TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers is preferred.
• Linux kernel / platform SW experience is helpful.
• BS, MS or PhD in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.